20-30 minutes a day, 3 days a week will keep your body fit.
How often do you actually exercise your brain? Some people call it Neurobics. They are exercises, or things that will increase your brain fitness and make you smarter. These activities can be fun, and they may be challenging. When is the last time you actually set out to exercise your brain?
- You can use your 5 senses (taste, sight, smell, hearing, and touch) to guide you through these activities.
- You will also use your emotions. Some people actually experience frustration and want to quit, but you will get the most benefit if you persist and complete them to the best of your abilities.
- Your brain will get stronger and you will be a better person, with new and improved connections in your brain.
- Increasing your brain capacity, and improving your smarts!!
So, let’s get started and Train that Brain;
- Keep those eyes closed. This is an easy task. Tomorrow morning when you get up, keep your eyes closed and continue to get yourself dressed with your eyes closed. (you may have set your clothes out tonight – depending on where you work, you may be a little mismatched if you don’t). Along the same idea, but a different task, try to engage in a conversation with someone without speaking any words. you can use gestures and body movement to convey your message.
- The Mini Multi Task. True multi tasking involves doing more than two things at the same time. It is really not an efficient way to focus on getting anything done well. In this exercise, you will focus on doing just two things at the same time. This will allow you the freedom to be creative, and really explore what your creative mind can accomplish. It’s pretty easy, pick a task that you enjoy such as drawing, then while you are immersed in drawing a picture, try to focus on listening closely to some music that is playing in the background. It will be fun, relaxing, and result in something creative.